Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick update on the renovation of Monroe Street! (For those of you who missed “Update #1”, then click this link to read about it.)
So here’s the latest:
- The painting of the inside of the house is going well. Most rooms have gotten at least 1 coat.
- We attacked the kitchen on day 1 by getting the cabinets and carpet (yes, there was carpet in the kitchen!) out. The new custom cabinets are about 1/2 way done, and the floor has been tiled with a beautiful Travertine tile. I think the appliances are arriving this Thursday for installation.
- The fireplace has gotten a face lift with black marble tile and an elegant mantle.
- The bathroom has a new light fixture and a new toilet, and some time today will have a new sink and cabinet installed.
- The closet in the hallway has been expanded, and the plumbing and electrical wiring have been run to the new location for the washer and dryer. All it needs now is paint, doors and the washer and dyer!
- Finally, the jungle in the backyard has been tamed! And, the plan is, starting tomorrow the backyard will be tilled, and new sod will be laid.
Unfortunately, I don’t have my camera with me, so the pictures I have currently are not the latest. But you’ll get an idea of some of the things that have taken place! And to see more “during” pictures, then visit our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=239238&id=152744635991
Click here to read all posts related to 2723 Monroe Street